Objectives of SSNAMA
- Advance the standards of practice, education and regulations of nursing and midwifery in South Sudan to the highest possible level.
- To strengthen the provision of nursing and midwifery care for increased access of individuals, families and communities to high quality health care services in South Sudan.
- To develop the competencies and professional growth of nurses and midwives through continuous education and in-service training
- To build capacity of nurses and midwives to optimize their values and address barriers including remuneration which make it difficult for them to offer their best.
- To foster high ideals of ethics and integrity among all nurses and midwives, in their conduct and camaraderie, among themselves and with others including other health professionals and clients.
- To facilitate communication, sharing and research among nurses and midwives to inform practice
- To build partnerships with civil society, policy makers and other stakeholders for the improvement of nursing and midwifery services
- To be involved in activities and events that are lawful and will contribute to improving the health and well being of people across South Sudan